Thursday, December 17, 2015

Stop 2: Photographer Interviews

So... I'm running into a little problem. I hope it's just because of the upcoming holiday, but still... there's ways around this.

I've emailed over a dozen different photographers. Some of them over a week ago. Guess how many have gotten back to me?

Less than half. On top of that, I had a scheduled phone appointment with one for 6:30 today (after I at least had the presence of mind to email and tell him that our first appointment needed to be postponed on the account I had no voice... but at least I contacted him before the call was supposed to take place).

I never got a call. Nor an email, or anything else for that matter.

Bridezilla? Nah. This would bug me whether it was for the wedding or for a family photo. If you've got an appointment with someone and you're going to miss it - some contact would be nice. I'm withholding judgement for the moment on the account of "shit happens" but considering how little feedback I've gotten so far, it's a little discouraging.

Add to that the fact I've gotten two - TWO - responses from wedding coordinators, out of the half dozen I've contacted?

*sighs* I've only talked to two of the photographers so far. The first, I feel... okay about. The package is a good value, and we get everything we want - from photographers who style we enjoy - for just under our budgeted amount. The gentleman we spoke with even had the presence of mind to send a follow up email today to summarize our conversation.

The second one... I don't know if she was just rushed, or more comfortable behind a camera than "in front of it" so to speak, but... she didn't really try to get to know about us at all. Granted, I was the only one on the phone, but any time I tried to ask how she would portray something particularly unique about what we're planning (ever seen a groom in BDU's as opposed to Class A's? Not me.) she launched back into a spiel about her services.

I don't need to know about your services - I need to know about your skills. I felt like I was being given a sales pitch and nothing else.

So, yeah. Frustrated.

  • 7+ photographers have yet to respond to my inquiry.
  • Two responded but are significantly out of our budget - though I need to review one as on the account of Jerry being a veteran she offered to add additional hours for no extra charge.
  • One just comes across as too... young to be able to handle our wedding appropriately.
  • One I have to call back on Monday due to afore mentioned loss of voice.
  • One missed our phone appointment tonight for an as of yet unknown reason.
  • One has called me twice, though today I asked if I could email him times when I could talk only to discover later - I don't have his email address.
So out of all that, so far, I only have one potential photographer.

In terms of potential planners - out of the two I had phone appointments scheduled, I have one tomorrow, and another the planner had to reschedule - and I haven't heard back from in terms of when.

Ironically, this is the exact reason why we wanted to hire a wedding planner.

I wonder if for now I should just focus on the dresses, and save the rest - somehow - until we actually make the move.

Anyway... I'm going to go enjoy some Korbel and cuddle with my man and watch some of the original CSI a la Grissom.

~*~Valerie~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment