Monday, December 21, 2015

Stop 4: Venues

*huffs*

Now this is frustrating.

I won't even go into how many venue's I've contacted. In short - a lot. After the first few came back with having no events allowed at the space after October, I went a little crazy, figuring my options were limited.

Guess I was right. I've gotten a whopping six replies in over two weeks, three of which aren't open for events in December. One of which I don't know yet, as they have both a hotel and a ranch, and I don't know if the ranch (which is what we'd want... so not going for the whole "enclosed space" bit, even if it is winter) is available in December.

The good news is, the two that have responded that most definitely are open to events in December, are gorgeous spaces. One of them is supposedly a golf club, and I tell you what... being from California, born and raised, it's like no golf club I've ever seen!  Even out in Wilton back in the 90's...

Anyway, thanks to being without my glasses, I mistook some of the photos as being in the winter, but ah well. They know we're wanting a December wedding, and still seem very amenable. Makes me nearly drool over thinking what it would all like in the snow!

The other... now those are definitely snow photos!

I think... maybe, I'd be okay if these were the only two to get back to me. It irritates me to no end that I haven't heard back from more, but I guess it is what it is, and what will be will be.

On both, we're waiting to hear back about food/beverage minimums and the like. Curious to find out if we can modify our reception plans the way we'd like.

On a side note, depending on whether or not we move ahead with a planner and what kind of magic they can work for us in terms of our budget, I may be doing centerpieces and what not on my own. So not a big deal - I've been doing simple, natural arrangements (wreaths and centerpieces) for the holidays since I was a little girl. It soothes me, and our guest list being so small will mean I won't be going crazy trying to do it.

I wish I had more to say, but... yeah. Contact has apparently been a premium these days, even though we're definitely not in bridal season. Would be nice to have a little bit more information or idea of where we're going to go after three weeks of sending out email after email to potential venues and vendors, though.

~*~Valerie~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment